A World First
The Agile portable thermodynamic pump monitor uses the thermodynamic technique to measure the temperature and pressure differences across the pump to evaluate pump efficiency.
The schematic shows a typical system layout for a single pump monitoring device fitted to a pump and motor set. The Pump Monitor is fitted to the pump permanently, recording performance data in real time.
The thermodynamic technique is used to evaluate pump efficiency. With the addition of a power analyser connected to the motor driving the pump, it is possible to accurately calculate the pump flow rate.
Pump Monitoring Components
- A suction temperature probe
- A delivery temperature probe
- A suction pressure transducer
- A delivery pressure transducer
- A three phase power analyser measuring instantaneous power
- A data processing unit to record and display the results
- A suction t-piece to allow the temperature probe and pressure transducer to share the same tapping
- A delivery t-piece to allow the temperature probe and pressure transducer to share the same tapping
The Portable Wireless Pump Monitor comes as a complete kit to allow you to carry out a performance test on pumps of various sizes* within an hour.
Agile can identify pumping energy savings in some or all of the areas below:
- Indicating pump efficiency
- Pump flow rate
- Removing pump throttling
- Data to help with impeller trimming
- Calibration of flow meters
- A touch screen display
- State of the art wireless communication
- Display and recording of pump performance data
- A pair of temperature probes and pressure transducers
- A portable power analyser
- The logged data can be wirelessly uploaded to our analysis software for processing and presentation.
The Agile is compact and portable to allow pump performance tests to be carried out on pumps of various sizes. The probes are fitted to the pipe work either side of the pump. The portable power analyser records the instantaneous power of the pump.
The Agile Pump Monitor software captures and processes the sensor data in real time, showing the real-time performance of the pump.
IMPROVED FLEXIBILITY The sensors can be fitted to pumps that have in the past been difficult to reach. The sensors come as pairs but can be swapped with another pair within minutes.
HIGH RELIABILITY The sensors are self contained and once assembled during manufacture, the sensors do not require attention.
WIRELESS NETWORK The wireless network has been tested in the most demanding environments, with a 99.9% connection reliability
ACCURACY The Agile can measure pump efficiency and flow rate to an accuracy of ±0.5% or better.